The last 18 months have been some of the hardest in my life. The unexpected loss of a loved one in March, 2017, sent me reeling in a way that was equally unexpected. I was in a dark place until only recently, when I woke up one morning and realized that this space has been with me through the majority of my young life, and that it would be foolish for me to quit at it now.
SO HERE’S WHERE I”VE BEEN:
- I’ve travelled to 8 countries in 4 months while studying abroad in London in the fall of 2017
- I returned to England in March, 2018 for a 12-day romp with my boyfriend
- I GRADUATED COLLEGE with a degree in Journalism and English from my dream school in Los Angeles.
- I had two amazing internships at The Zoe Report and Billboard Magazine that pushed me to be a better writer
- I met so many amazing women writers who have helped me get to this point.
- Attended a fundraising gala for my speech therapy institute where I presented an award to Ed Sheeran
- Celebrated a two year anniversary with my boyfriend in Palm Springs.
- I moved back home to New York and left everything behind in Los Angeles to pursue my career as a journalist.
- Cried a lot….
- ..Laughed even more
- Lived with my best friend.
- Had some of the best professors I’ve ever had.
And so, so much more. And so, as I turn back to What Julia Wants, I am excited to see what it brings me now with my newfound confidence and inspiration. I hope you’ll come along with me!