The ideal ‘summer bag’ is impossible to come by because, unlike the colder months, the summer is a time of endless possibility. For me, the ease of running out the door is essential. Having a small collection of bags you use regularly will help with this: when done with one, transfer to another.
. I like to keep my various summer bags packed and ready at all times:
- A Tote Bag ($128, Free People) — Keep your bikini packed and ready for a quick weekend trip to the beach. The bright color will help you notice its location, even from dips within the waves
- A backpack in a Neutral Color ($45, Topshop) — A weekender bag for the child in all of us.
- An Every-day Black ($235, The Cambridge Satchel Company) — My bag of choice that can fit all your essentials within its boxy confines. This bag got me through all of abroad without a lost wallet or passport.
- A Everyday Nude ($138, Madewell) — An alternative to the black, just as useful
- An evening Clutch ($139, Ted Baker) —